OPTION 1 – ACCEPTABLE GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO ID (1 PIECE) (EXPIRED ID IS NOT ACCEPTABLE)
Valid permanent driver’s licence issued in Canada or the United States of America, as permitted to be used for identification purposes under provincial law.
- Valid passport issued by the Government of residing country.
- Certificate of Indian Status issued by the Government of Canada.
- A document or card, bearing the individual’s photograph and signature, issued by any of the following authorities:
-Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
- Alberta Registries
- Saskatchewan Government Insurance
- Department of Service Nova Scotia, Department of Transportation, Province of Prince Edward Island
- Service New Brunswick, Department of Government Service, Province of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Department of Transportation of the Northwest Territories, Department of Community Government and Transportation of the Territory of Nunavut
- Firearms licence or military ID
- Homeless Aid Centre photo identification
- Correctional Centre photo identification
- Please note: photos or photocopies of ID will NOT be accepted.
OPTION 2 – 2 PIECES OF NON-PHOTO ID AND 1 PIECE OF NON-GOVERNMENT PHOTO ID
ACCEPTABLE NON-PHOTO ID (2 PIECES)
- Employee photo identity card, issued by an employer that is well-known in the community.
- Certificate of Canadian Citizenship or a Certification of Naturalization, in the form of a paper document or card, but not a commemorative issue.
- A provincial health insurance card, as permitted to be used for identification purposes under provincial law.
- Social Insurance Number card issued by the Government of Canada (note: printable SIN cards will not be accepted).
- Birth certificate issued in Canada.
- Interim Driver’s License.
ACCEPTABLE NON-GOVERNMENT PHOTO ID (1 PIECE) (MUST CONTAIN FIRST & LAST NAME AND PHOTO)
- Employee ID card – from a reputable company within the community
- Oil Sands ID card
- Student ID card – from a reputable educational institution within the community
- Gym membership
- Costco ID card
OPTION 3 – MANAGEMENT ID
If no ID is available, the tester will call your employer and speak to their DER. If the manager gives the tester a satisfactory physical description of the client or confirmation of personal information, the testing can proceed.
Management ID: 3 contact attempts within 30 minutes. If the tester cannot obtain management ID, online bookings will be advised that the client does not have sufficient ID to continue with testing. You will need to contact your company to re-book the appointment.
OPTION 4 – OPTION FOR OCCUPATIONAL & NON-OCCUPATIONAL
If no ID is available, the client must get a notarized letter with a photo attached to the actual letter. Any lawyer, doctor, pastor or other notary can provide this.