How do I book an appointment?
Booking a test is simple. Get in touch with us:
- Email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Chat through our website
- For current clients, you can book online
- Call us at 1-866-315-6860
Our Contact Centre Agents can assist you with finding the most convenient location within our extensive Canada-Wide network of facilities.
Do I have access to my results?
If you booked your appointment yourself: Following testing, you will receive a text message or email depending on what your preference is.If your employer has an account with SureHire: Unless your company has provided donor access, it is the company’s discretion to disclose the result information.
Where do I go for testing?
If you booked your appointment yourself: you will receive a text message or email confirming the location, date and time of your appointment.
If your potential/employer booked an appointment on your behalf: Whomever booked your appointment will inform you on which SureHire location you will be going to, to complete your testing.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
Bring your Government-Issued photo ID (Driver's license, Passport, Military ID, ETC.). View the full list of acceptable ID here. Arrive 15 minutes early to ensure that you have time to complete the paperwork required. Once you have arrived for your appointment and all paperwork is completed, you must remain inside the facility until all your testing is completed. If you leave the facility, it will be considered a refusal to test.
What should I do to prepare for my appointment?
If you are booked in for a Drug and/or Alcohol test:
- Testing may take between 15 minutes – 3 hours.
- Do not drink excessive amount of fluids prior to testing.
- Bring a list of current prescription medications.
- If you are scheduled for a hair drug test, you will need at least 1.5 inches of hair.
- A Medical Review Officer may contact you after your drug test to discuss your results. Please answer their call so that your results can be processed as quickly as possible.
What can I expect to happen once I arrive to my appointment?
Once photo ID is verified, candidates will receive paperwork to fill out. This paperwork includes a consent form which allows SureHire to perform testing, and provide the results to your employer/potential employer. Candidates booked in for a private test will have an alternate consent form which has a spot where candidates can indicate where they would like the results to be sent. Dependent on type of testing booked, candidates may also be required to fill out forms disclosing prescription or over the counter drugs that are currently being used, and questions pertaining to the candidate’s past medical history.
How do you test for alcohol?
There are several ways to test for alcohol levels.
- Breath Alcohol Test: Is done by machine called a Breathalyzer, which detects the presence of ethanol.
- Saliva Testing: Analyzes the saliva for ethanol levels. (Test is not admissible in court)
- Urine Testing: Ethanol can be detected in urine within 90 hours of consumption.
How do you test for drugs?
There are several ways to complete a drug test:
- Oral Fluid: oral fluid drug testing measures drug levels in saliva. An absorbent collection tool is placed in the mouth and the resulting sample is screened for the presence of drugs,
- Hair Follicle: Hair follicle drug testing is used to detect historical drug use by analyzing the drugs inside the hair shaft.
- Urine Testing: Urine Drug Testing is highly accurate, reliable, and the most commonly used method for detecting drugs abuse in the workforce. A urine sample is collected and test either POCT (express based) or Lab Based.
How does random drug and alcohol testing work?
Random testing may be required for your position, ensure that when you start employment with any company they communicate their Drug & Alcohol policy to you. This can usually be found in an employee policy manual. This should be shared with you prior to accepting your position.
What tests do you have available that test for Fentanyl and Cocaine?
SureHire offers the option to request lab-based testing for GHB and fentanyl, either as a standalone test or as an add-on to any other urine testing (5, 7, 10, or 12 panels). Selecting a urine testing option with a greater number of panels allows SureHire to provide results for a wider variety of substances. Express Fentanyl testing is coming soon.
More information on SureHire's workplace urine drug testing can be found here.
Does SureHire have the ability to schedule tests randomly? e.g. If we requested testing 4 times a year do you offer any sort of service that would schedule those randomly for us?
Absolutely, to utilize this service you must have an account with SureHire. Please reach out to your dedicated Account Representative, or you can reach out to us at 1-866-944-4473, or Live Chat us here
What are SureHire's 2017 positivity rates?
|Reason for Testing||Positivity Rate (%)|
|Return to Work||0%|
|Reason for Testing||Positivity Rate (%)|
|Return to Work||4.48%|
What happens if I blow over .000?
If the results of your alcohol test are above the acceptable level (determined by your company), you will receive a confirmation test 15 minutes after the original test was administered. If the blood alcohol level is still above the acceptable level, your result will be considered a positive test.
What if I do not pass my test?
If you’re booked your appointment yourself: we guarantee same day turnaround. Your results are confidential, and up to you to submit them to whoever you may like.
If your employer has an account with SureHire: Your results will be provided to your employer. SureHire provides a recommendation for hire; however the final decision remains with your potential employer.
Does second-hand marijuana smoke affect my results?
No, the cut off levels for THC are set to not test for second hand inhalation. Canadian Model
How do I prepare for my urine drug test?
If you are scheduled for a Urine drug test, you will provide a urine sample on location to a SureHire tester. We recommend that you do not consume any food or liquids within 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.