SureHire’s Department of Transportation (DOT) Consortium Random Program consists of various companies compiled into a pool for the purpose of random drug and alcohol testing of drivers required to cross US borders.
Testing is mandatory for DOT-regulated employers. If you or your employees operate commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) in the US you may be a US DOT-regulated employer.
REASONS FOR TESTING
- Reasonable Suspicion/Cause
- Return-to-Duty (RTD)
TYPES OF TESTING
- DOT Breath Alcohol | Applicable to all Post-Accident/Post-Incident, Reasonable Suspicion, Follow-Up, Return-to-Duty, and Random (when randomly selected) testing.
- DOT Urine Lab Panel 5 | Applicable to all Pre-Employment, Post-Incident/Post-Accident, Reasonable Suspicion, Follow-Up, Return-to-Duty, and Random (when randomly selected) testing.
- DOT Urine Lab Panel 5 with Observed Collection | As required.
- Follow-Up Program | Applicable after an employee completes SAP Program and Return-to-Duty testing.
Clearinghouse is a secure online database that gives employers, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA), State Driver Licensing Agencies (SDLAs), and State law enforcement personnel real-time information about commercial driver’s license (CDL) and commercial learner’s permit (CLP) holder’s drug & alcohol program violations.
Clearinghouse contains records of violations of drug and alcohol prohibitions, serving as a centralized database that employers use to report drug and alcohol program violations to check that current or prospective employees are not prohibited from performing safety-sensitive functions, such as operating a CMV, due to an unresolved drug and alcohol program violation.
CURRENT DOT CONSORTIUM RANDOM PROGRAM CLIENTS
If you would like SureHire to report any violations and/or pull any queries, you will need to assign us as your Consortium/Third-Party Administrator (C/TPA) within the Clearinghouse database. Click here for more information.
As an owner/operator, you must have an assigned a C/TPA to act on your behalf within Clearinghouse. Click here to Assign your C/TPA.
Unsure of your user role? Click here for a breakdown of all user roles within Clearinghouse.