What is an FCE?
- In-depth evaluation used to determine an employee’s functional capabilities after an injury or medical illness.
What is the purpose of an FCE?
- Reduce lost time.
- Improve the success of an employee’s return to work.
When should an FCE be performed?
- At any point in an injured or ill employee’s recovery cycle.
- For occupational, or non-occupational injury.
What information is available in the FCE Report?
- DOT Duty Level capability in functional and cardiovascular domains
- Meaningful modified work duties, as needed
- Recommendations to improve functional or cognitive domains, as requested
- Answers to answers to referral questions such as recommendations/accommodations for return to work
Where can FCEs be performed?
SureHire has a network of FCE providers across Canada. FCEs may be performed in all major centres and SureHire has access to FCE providers in several smaller communities.
How can I book an FCE?
Contact SureHire’s contact centre at 1-866-944-4473.