About Diagnostic Imaging
Diagnostic Imaging, also known as medical imaging, enables medical practitioners to look inside the body to detect the presence or absence of various medical conditions or injuries. SureHire provides a range of diagnostic imaging services.
- Chest X-rays use electromagnetic radiation to visualize the inside of your body, primarily bony structures. X-rays are commonly used to diagnose bone fractures or breaks. An x-ray film or picture is generated and then reviewed by a radiologist, who completes a radiology report which summarizes the x-ray results.
- CT scans use x-ray technology with a computer to visualize bone and soft tissue. Large scanners are available which allow the entire body to be visualized. Following the scan, a picture is generated and interpreted by a radiologist, who then completes a report which summarizes the scan results.
- MRIs are the gold standard in diagnostic testing. An MRI uses a magnetic field and radiofrequency signals (no radiation) to produce images of the body tissue. MRIs have the ability to visualize tendons, ligaments, meniscus, bone, muscles, and cartilage and in turn diagnose soft tissue partial-thickness/full-thickness tears, cartilage lesions, bone fractures, and bone tumors. Following the scan, a picture is generated and interpreted by a radiologist, who then completes a report which summarizes the scan results.
All results are reviewed by a physician. Following your diagnostic imaging appointment, you will be advised of any additional treatment recommendations or professional medical follow-up.
Looking for more terms and definitions? Check out our dictionary!
Book an Appointment
Booking a test is simple, complete the form below or give us a call at 1-866-944-HIRE (4473) to book an appointment.
Chest x-rays can help detect lung abnormalities and can be a useful tool for understanding the lung health of workers and establishing a lung health baseline prior to their hire. Common health issues that can be identified through baseline and annual chest x-rays include lung disorders, cancer, cardiac disorders, and tuberculosis.
Having SureHire coordinate chest x-rays as part of your employee Lung Health Monitoring Program has multiple benefits:
- Simple Appointment Booking. SureHire supplies requisitions so that the worker does not need to schedule a doctor’s appointment in order to obtain a referral.
- Consistency in Testing. X-rays are completed through the SureHire national testing network to support nation-wide workforces.
- Fast Results. Test results are distributed to the employer and worker through SureLink, SureHire’s online results portal within 10 business days. SureHire provides radiologist-interpreted chest X-ray results with any identified abnormalities, which will trigger an automatic referral for further medical investigation.
Test results are distributed to the employer and worker through SureHire’s secure, online results portal within 5-10 business days.
Get in Touch
More Information? Require a Quote?
Find a location!
Find a location nearest to you.